Thursday, November 06, 2014

From Little Things....

I'm really excited to announce the launch of my e-book today. Its called From Little Things.

Buy it now for the introductory offer of only $15

As you may well know, I've always been a keen writer and more than anything, I love to write about how to run successful creative businesses. However, after more than five years running my own business, I thought that now was the perfect time to share all what I've learnt over the years.




I've spent many weeks writing this e-book and I'm really excited to finally share it with you. I must admit, the more I wrote, the more I wanted to share all the knowledge I feel I've learnt over the years with you. And it's actually ended up being over 100 pages long (98 pages all text!) so I don't think I've missed anything important out! Let me know if I have! :)

If you are new to business, this is a great 'how to' book and I include the Must Do To Do List in the final chapter, which will really keep you focused. But equally, if you have been in business for a while, I'm absolutely sure you can pick up a few tips too. If you are thinking of doing a trade show for example, I go into great detail about my first show and give many tips on what and what not to do.

So.......What's in the book?

My Background

I talk about how I first became interested in art, where I studied and how I came up with the ideas behind starting my first business, Cheeky Pickle. 


Tips:
Believe in Yourself

My Business Journey


This chapter goes into great detail about my early days in business, 
all the way through to me setting up my current business, ali benyon designs. It's my personal story and there is a lot you can learn from the mistakes I have made. Within this chapter I list many tips including....

Tips:
Markets
Consignment
Social Media
Growing your business
Researching
Tips for Starting a Blog
Websites and Selling Platforms
Taking Great Photos
Tips for Showing at a Trade Show
Dealing with Stress and Time Management
Wholesale
Time to Reassess – When things aren’t working
Networking
Dealing with Rejection

Helpful spreadsheet examples:
Market spreadsheet
Wholesale Order Form

Bonus Blogs:
First Market Memories
Top eight things that put a customer off your Facebook page
Tips For Posting On Facebook
Starting a Blog – My Story
Writing your Shop Policies
My First Ever Trade Show
Supporting Each Other and Networking

The Important Stuff 

Product and Branding

I personally think you need to get these two key things right at the start of your business. Here I give lots of advice on working out what your brand is and figuring out the right products to sell.

Tips:
Writing your about page and Mission Statement

The What Not To Do’s

In this part of the book I list all the main things that I did wrong at the start and what I believe lots of people do wrong when first starting out in business. Tips include...


Tips:
List Your Fears
Write a Business Plan
Tackle your Fears Head on
Do a Course
Accounting
Keep it Real

Helpful spreadsheet examples:
Incoming and outgoing spreadsheet
           
The Must Do To Do List - For beginners

Starting a business can be overwhelming and you may struggle at first with organising your time. Here I list in order the exact list of things you need to do when starting your business, including lots of hot tips. Tick each thing off and you will have your business up and running in no time at all.


          Helpful spreadsheet:
The must do to do tick list

4 comments: